XMM Users' Handbook

next up previous contents
Next: XMM proposal preparation Up: XMM Guest Observer Program Previous: Mission overview

XMM proposal preparation and submission

The XMM Project Scientist will issue calls for proposals in ``Announcements of Opportunity'' (AOs) in regular intervals. The first AO, AO-1, is for open time during the first 27 months of the mission. 70% of all open time will be scheduled at first, based on a preliminary (and conservative) estimate of the observatory's efficiency. A supplementary call for proposals for the remaining 30% of open time will be issued later. Subsequent AOs will be for periods of one year (TBC).

Policies concerning, e.g., duplication avoidance, proposal categories (GO, ToO) or target categories (stars, galaxies, AGNs etc.) are described in the AO-1 documentation and the XRPS Users' Manual.


European Space Agency - XMM Science Operations Centre